Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting cable from hub to TiVo box

Eileens59
Tuning in

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just moved into a new house and received a self install kit from VM. The cable labelled “TV” that runs from the splitter to the Tv box does not fit into the port in back of TiVo box. I think I need a connector adapter. Can someone advise please ,

it states in the self install instructions that the “tv” cable has a yellow band but this one is white? Could that be the issue 

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

The plug shown looks like a TV Aerial for a Freeview TV. 

The metal piece on the end of the cable looks like a coupler, does it pull off ?

No it doesn’t pull off , the port on the back of the VM TiVo box had this on it too 

image.jpg

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Eileens59 wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just moved into a new house and received a self install kit from VM. The cable labelled “TV” that runs from the splitter to the Tv box does not fit into the port in back of TiVo box. I think I need a connector adapter. Can someone advise please ,

it states in the self install instructions that the “tv” cable has a yellow band but this one is white? Could that be the issue 

The TV cable provide with quick start is for connecting to the newer V6 & V360 boxes, not a TiVO box. TiVO boxes are now being withdrawn from the network & replaced with V6 boxes running TiVO firmware. So you will either have to change the box via customer services, or a technician will have to make up a coax lead specifically for the TiVO.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Eileens59 wrote:

No it doesn’t pull off , the port on the back of the VM TiVo box had this on it too 

image.jpg

You should have left that connected to the old coax at your previous place. That was put in to compensate for high input levels at that particular location, and any new occupants of the property connecting to VM may well have needed it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

Are you saying this is the right cable but the plug type is wrong and that all that is needed is an adaptor like  ...

Client62_0-1691769620434.png

COAX FEMALE SOCKET TO F PLUG ADAPTOR ( seen on eBay )

Hi @Eileens59 👋.

Thanks for your community post, going by the pictures you will need an engineer to assist you in installing this. Please look out for a private message so that we can get this arranged for you.

Sabrina