Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connecting V6 to Samsung QE55

I had Virgin installed today. The new V6 box and internet. When the engineer was doing the install he couldn’t connect the V6 to my Samsung, so he went to his van and brought in a smaller tv. I assume it wasn’t 4K?

he set everything up working on his small tv and left saying it was an issue with my TV.

Ive been onto Samsung help and the accesses my TV remotely and went through various settings. They have ensured me that the TV is fine and passed all tests they performed.

I have an older Samsung in the bedroom and this connects fine.

ive tried various HDMI cables, I have an Xbox, fire stick and blue ray that all connect fine. I’ve seen lots of posts similar. If I don’t get my set up, up and running can I cancel my new contract?

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting V6 to Samsung QE55

The technician has proven its your TV at fault by using a test TV and you've proven it by using your other TV.   If your not able to get your TV fixed you can cancel your contract within 14 days

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Samsung QE55 just tells us it is a 55" Samsung and not which model it is and there are fair few 55" 4K Sammys out there, knowing exactly which model it is might help.  It would at least give us something to Google for a possible answer.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your TV may be perfectly OK, and so may the V6. But if the settings of both devices are not correct they will not be able to talk to each other. I suggest you look at the setup for each of them again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Unfortunately there have been a few other posts on here regarding V6s and certain Samsung Tv's, the ones I have read seem to indicate a handshake issue, so as another poster has said go back to the settings on both devices.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The engineer's test monitor would have been an HD (1080p) screen, and I suspect your old TV is also HD.  Your new Samsung TV will be a 4k screen that upscales 1080p pictures . So this is very likely to be an upscaling issue. 

I would suggest that for a start you set both the V6 output and the TV input to 1080p to confirm that you have a connection, and work from there..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the replies. I had a virgin engineer re attend today. 
after the welcome screen fades and the screen goes black he just waited. The tv came up with the “no signal failed to find source BLA BLA BLA” He waited and waited and told me the engineers are told to wait up to 15 mins. Eventually after 12 minutes of a black screen saying no signal. It eventually connected. I’ve seen lots about this on the internet but never read about just playing the waiting game ??

again thanks for the replies 

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad you got it fixed.

We have a 55 inch Samsung Q7FE and it's a great picture.

0 Kudos