Menu
DaveHughes182
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connecting TV and Broadband

I recently moved house and as advised, took my Hub and Tivo box with me to the new property along with all cables etc. I've set up the equipment correctly in my new property and activated the service over the telephone and there is constant failures when connecting. Gives me error code N17 but the advice on the 'help' pages doesn't actually provide a working solution. I've tried numerous times to call someone and had no success. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting TV and Broadband

Who advised you to take your VM equipment with you ?

The equipment is tied to an account number and the account number is tied to an address.

Moving home starts a new account number meaning the equipment isn't tied to the new account.

You may be lucky and get someone to transfer the equipment to the new account for you, I would advise you to phone in again and double check that it has been activated.

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Hub Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
DaveHughes182
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. The online chat advised me to take it with me. I have since spoken to VM over the telephone twice and both times I fear I've been fobbed off. They have claimed to have activated my equipment. One took the seriel number and hub number from me and promised me a call back but that  in 15 mins but that was  over an hour ago. I don't hold out much hope to be honest.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveHughes182, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry that there's been some trouble with activating the equipment since moving home, this ins't good. 

I've had a little look and I can see that you've since been in touch and this is all being sorted. 

Any further issues do let us know.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
DaveHughes182
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma.

I'm unsure why your system says my issue has been dealt with. It most definitely has not been. I was informed I would receive a call back from a chap named John from the Home Move department once he had activated my service but I remain in limbo without any TV or Broadband. I've been told on 4 seperate occasions that this would be dealt with and not to worry but so far, no solution has been provided. I must be a fool for believing he would sort it for me. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about so had me hook line and sinker. I'm currently queuing to speak to yet another advisor now. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry about this, 

I'm going to send you a personal message so we can see how you're getting on. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
DaveHughes182
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200902-182759_Call.jpg

 over two hours on the phone. 5 different departments have all transferred me to another one. Each advisor as useless as the last. I'm still without service on what should have been a simple activation and I'm now having to explain to my employer why I may not be able to work from home for the next few days seeing as I can't get an answer from anyone with half a clue about what they are doing in Virgin! 

0 Kudos