Menu
ekenyonslaney
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Connecting Broadband to TV!

My wifi box is plugged in upstairs in the Virgin Specific port and is working fine. However, I need to plug that same cable into my TV box which is downstairs (plugged into the TV). Do I need to run an extension cable all through the house or can I make it wireless somehow? Help! 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting Broadband to TV!

Which TV Box do you have ?

tivo-v6

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the Hub an TV box are in separate rooms they each need to be connected by VM coax. Are there not two points coming in or are you trying to move one of the items. Do you currently have both TV & BB on your package?  Is this a new set up and was it self install ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ekenyonslaney
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

We have both TV and BB on our package but have just moved into a house with only one VM socket. Our package is new and has been self-installed (at least trying to!) So do I need to have a new VM socket installed next to the TV? Can I do anything wirelessly? If I do need a new socket, how do I go about this? I can't get through to anyone at Virgin. 

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
ekenyonslaney
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's a virgin TV V6 box. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The V6 Box requires two connections ...

A white co-ax cable the same as the one going into the back of the Hub.

An internet connection, this can be by an ethernet cable from the Hub or a Wi-Fi connection to the Hub.

You will need an engineer to put the co-ax cable in for you.

Is there a brown box on the outside wall of the room where you want to site the V6 box ?

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Pre-installation & Delivery team on 08000 521 734

Activation number on 0800 953 9500 

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
ekenyonslaney
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your responses! I can't see a brown box... is this an issue? I will call promptly tomorrow morning and try to get through o someone who can send an engineer.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

When phoning 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, it's options 1,1 and 3 (New accounts and setupbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@ekenyonslaney wrote:

Thank you so much for your responses! I can't see a brown box... is this an issue? I will call promptly tomorrow morning and try to get through o someone who can send an engineer.

What type of property do you live in - house, flat, etc?

If your dwelling is "separate" (not in a block of flats for example) there will be a (usually brown) omnibox on the outside wall where the cable from your street cabinet gets split and is connected through the wall to your internal VM boxes.  It is usually near where the port you are using comes in from the outside.  Can you not trace where that is? 

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ekenyonslaney
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I went and bought a long coax cable, attached the right ends and threaded it through the house. Buying one long ethernet cable was very expensive so we bought a wireless powerline ethernet adapter system (tp link). All he correct lights seem to be flashing on the ethernet boxes and he coax cables fit but when the system has downloaded all the software it says "could not verify info - Error code S322 - Connection Problem". We have tried restarting it all multiple times but it always says the same thing. Furthermore, when you wiggle/put pressure onto any of the cables going into the back of the TV box, the TV makes a low sort of chime sound. 

Virgin can send an engineer but it would cost minimum £99 which I don't have to spend! The internet TV is included in my Wifi package but should I just ditch it and get an amazon fire stick or equivalent to get my internet TV?!

0 Kudos