cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app problems

kieranlovick
Joining in

Hi, I’ve recently purchased virgin broadband for my flat and I’m having trouble trying to connect the Virgin media connect app to the hub. The app is saying “we can’t find your hub” has anyone else had the same problem. Also the hub itself is displaying a solid orange light rather than white, I’m unsure wether or not these are related but the WiFi itself appear to be working fine. Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Very common problem.  It might connect later today, or it might connect tomorrow.  It's flakey at best, just read the many reports on this Forum.

Just check the phone is connected to the VM Wifi and you are not using a VPN

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @kieranlovick, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the issues with the Connect App. 😞
Please try the following:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs