Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connect App will not link to hub 3

I have tried to link the Virgin Media Connect App to my Hub 3 which is already installed and working fine. I have tried both scanning and manually entering the Settings password. When I press continue it seems to start but very soon states "Something wrong"

I have failed to get this to work and from looking at previous messages relating to the same subject it appears many other users are having the same issue - this app does not work!!

I am convinced that I need a booster as I my Wi-Fi is not powerful enough to work in my 3rd floor  office (hub is on ground floor). How can I obtain a booster and set it up? I understood that you could order via this app if you found the signal was to poor when using the app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connect App will not link to hub 3

The online ordering via the app rarely works anyway, so if you really need one you can ring up and request one. 

A far better idea though is to acquire a similar device yourself, or buying your own router. 

Considering VM's boosters are £3/month, you can get a cheaper deal by visiting your local electrical shop. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for you guidance. I have tried to get advice from Virgin all day without any success.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have just posted a screenshot of what I get using the app. I’ve tried to explain to VM that with 2 people working from home not far away from the hub the signal is rubbish. I’ve been sent a booster to try and if it improves the signal then they will be happy to charge me an extra £3 a month 😩 this is not what I signed up for or was promised. Not sure if there is a problem with the app or installation but the standard answer seems to be get a booster 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. I am not technical and after spending all day yesterday trying to get through to Virgin, without success, your help is even more appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @iasu1C 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post, 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

How are things looking since your last post? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have given up. The Connect App does not work for me and I have failed to get any support from Virgin via their chat line or by phone as the response times are not viable. Chat line with the technical team that I was passed through to was stated as being up to 24hrs. After 20mins on phone I gave up trying to get answer via that route. I did leave my questions together with my phone number and email on the chat line - no response was received.  

Most of those on the forum also found that the app did not work. 

I regret having changed my contract to Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @iasu1C 

I can see if there is anything we are able to do from here. 

Please can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you are getting when you are trying to connect it to the hub3? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos