cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App not working - I need to unpause devices

bbroom74
Joining in

Hi yesterday I was able to access my Hub 5 via the Virgin Media Connect app where I paused a device. Now the app is not working - no matter what I try.

Is there a way of unpausing the device via the router.. as I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

B

2 REPLIES 2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @bbroom74, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Connect App and the device 😞
To get this fixed please try the following:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Ensure that your device is up to date on the software, and that the app is on the latest software / firmware, you can do this by uninstalling the app and downloading it again.

To get your device connected up again, you can perform a hard reset on the Virgin Media hub, pop a pin in the reset pin hole, located underneath the Virgin Media hub, for 40 seconds.

Let us know how you get along.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

abdumnasser
Joining in

Instead of resetting your router, you can log into your router's configuration page by putting 192.168.0.1 to go there from your browser, then find your way into MAC FILTERING, then delete the MAC FILTER for the device you have paused, reconnect the device to your network and you should be good to go.