cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App Hub 4 & Pod issues?

sadams91088
Joining in

Hello

New to virgin so not sure if this is a question that has already been answered, apologies if so. I’ve been having issues with connection on one laptop in one room of the house and after speaking to Virgin customer service was sent a pod for the room to see if that makes any difference. To be honest I think the issue is more with the VPN used by the employer for the laptop rather than Virgin. 

The issue I have is that the connect app doesn’t show me as connected, hasn’t ever since I had Virgin installed so I can’t see if the hub pod is working correctly. Is this a known issue? Is there any workaround to see if the hub and pod are connected properly other than the connect app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Connect app is a fickle beast, sometimes it works after an hour, and sometimes after a few days.  You could try a pinhole reset on the Hub and the usual uninstall/install/clear cache of the app.  As for the Pods, I think the only way to manage is via the app. Again, some users report the WPS button gets the Pods back on line.

Really for a work laptop and VPN, I very strongly recommend using a Cat 6a ethernet cable to connect.  Wifi is far to easily broken by external interference, something that will not affect a cabled connection.  Even if you have to use Poweline Adapters to get a cabled connection, it will be better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Connect app is a fickle beast, sometimes it works after an hour, and sometimes after a few days.  You could try a pinhole reset on the Hub and the usual uninstall/install/clear cache of the app.  As for the Pods, I think the only way to manage is via the app. Again, some users report the WPS button gets the Pods back on line.

Really for a work laptop and VPN, I very strongly recommend using a Cat 6a ethernet cable to connect.  Wifi is far to easily broken by external interference, something that will not affect a cabled connection.  Even if you have to use Poweline Adapters to get a cabled connection, it will be better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks