Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Confused moving from Sky to VM

I’m hovering over the purchase button to move from Sky to VM. However, I’m confusing myself with the actual switching process. Do I puschase a tv/broadband/phone package then send the cancellation letter to Sky or do I send the letter first before purchasing? 
Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused moving from Sky to VM

If you wish to keep your old phone number don't cancel the phone before the swith is complete, any other part is entirly down to you, I would however wait untill it's in and working if I were you as otherwise there could be inturuption in your service if the instal hits a snag

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's also worth knowing that if you're not happy with the installation you can get out of the contract without penalty within 14 days.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies, and they all make sense. Have never switched before so apologies for sounding a bit n00bish.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Retroglide08

Thanks for considering joining Virgin Media.  As you've already been advised please be aware, your existing provider would only accept a notification to cancel your landline telephone from us. And that would only be if we were transferring your number across to ourselves.  The minimum notice period most suppliers accept to cancel their services is 30 days.  Although I believe your current provider requires 31 days, I believe.

I hope this advice helps.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos