Menu
Marcos1cromef
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Conflicting advice

• Hello I initially received a leaflet through my letter box saying virgin media broadband had been installed in my building.

After my existing contract expired I switched over to virgin and the website said that there no engineer required and I could do a self installation.

Virgin changed the date of my order after I had done so without me knowing. Eventually when the pack arrived I realised I needed a virgin media wall socket.

I called virgin and the agent arranged an engineer's visit but noted down my number incorrectly and the visit was cancelled without me knowing.

I called again and the following agent promised he had changed my number only for the same thing to happen.

After this I then called and was told that the engineer had not arrived because the visit has been cancelled by SMS from the incorrect number. Finally the next agent promised to correct the number and I raised a complaint about the cancelled visits and the failure to contact me properly. I am still waiting for the complaints team to get back to me on this and I was given the following reference number Ref: 85915154

This colleague also informed that I needed an additional engineer visit from a third party contractor to fix a fault in the "box outside the property" and told me that I should ring 01279630563 and contact the company directly called Scci Alcatrac LTD.

When I called them they said that they didn't have an order for me and that I should cancel my virgin engineer visit as they would not be able to carry out the installation without them doing their work first. They took my account number and promised to contact the relevant person in virgin for me.

After this I contacted virgin again and spoke to a colleague for an hour and 5 minutes out of which I spent an hour on hold as the colleague simply didn't know anything about any of this and rescheduled my engineers appointment anyway and said that she doesn't know why the virgin media engineer wouldn't be able to carry out the necessary work on his own.

Shortly afterwards I tried another colleague who repeated the same thing that he did no anything about this and told me to wait 

Its now 10 days after I should be online and no closer to getting connected.

My account number is [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Conflicting advice

Hello Marcos1cromef

Thanks for joining us 

It was myself that spoke to you before 

So I can look into this 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Marcos1cromef
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for an answer no information as to why how and when my service will be installed from forum team or CS agents on the phone who can officially give me 0 information and nearly always end up hanging up.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you once again for taking the time to come back to us @Marcos1cromef 

I can see that Gareth is currently dealing with this via PM. 

He will be able to assist you with any further enquires.

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos