cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comtel Wall Socket and M1000

r0rschach
Tuning in

Hi all,

I bought a flat and I'd like to move my 1Gig fibre broadband. I found a few sockets, one of them is an old Comtel. I was wondering if I can use this for Virgin, and whether I need a manned installation. Area is covered by the M1000, but I'm not sure what the previous owner was using and unfortunately I can't reach out.

Here a few pics:

Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 09.29.00.png

Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 09.29.19.pngScreenshot 2022-05-29 at 09.43.14.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Comtel box in 1st picture should be ok for VM, just attach cable at the bottom after removing existing one

2nd photo is of a splitter, presume it’s wires to Comtel box. Should not need this as all cables should be in the install kit.

3rd photo is of old VM telephone socket which is not used anymore. If you have ordered a landline phone it will connect to the hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Comtel box in 1st picture should be ok for VM, just attach cable at the bottom after removing existing one

2nd photo is of a splitter, presume it’s wires to Comtel box. Should not need this as all cables should be in the install kit.

3rd photo is of old VM telephone socket which is not used anymore. If you have ordered a landline phone it will connect to the hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @r0rschach thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome to Virgin Media!

All the set up looks perfectly fine for your services, but if anything doesn't work when it comes through to your install please don't hesitate to let us know on here, or give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we'll do our best to get this sorted for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W