cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely dead hub 3

mpmc
Superfast

Hi folks,

Our hub 3 yesterday decided to not respond at all, no ethernet & had the dreaded red LED. It was re-plugged, wires checked etc but it sadly is completely dead, no lights at all after 10 minutes. Replaced power brick fuse with another 3amp fuse. Tried using 12v 3amp PSU that previously worked with the hub when the PSU died before.

Ran the service checker, went through the steps and booked an engineer for next Weds. Would it be possible to have a new hub & return box sent instead please? This is more convenient for us.

TIA

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mpmc 

Keep an eye on your online account (My Virgin Media) if using the app click on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner

Check under Orders and Appointments. 

It should show your appointment and allow you to re-arrange it.

It's not likely, especially due to the bank holiday weekend, but if there has been a cancellation then you can try and bring the appointment forward.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Call this in as a kit fault and book an engineer to bring a replacement Hub.

Already booked one via the service checker, however due to reasons, it won't be until next week - currently running on backup BT line so not really in any rush but having one posted & a return box sent would be easier for us.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mpmc 

Keep an eye on your online account (My Virgin Media) if using the app click on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner

Check under Orders and Appointments. 

It should show your appointment and allow you to re-arrange it.

It's not likely, especially due to the bank holiday weekend, but if there has been a cancellation then you can try and bring the appointment forward.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali