Menu
Cat1386
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Complaints/ deadlock

So here I am with a nice shiny wire that's just sat coiled up on my garden waiting to be connected... after waiting in for an engineer who wasn't booked. I called to be told someone will be on touch a week later... said wire is still sat there. Still the same poor connection. So day off I call again... low an behold nothing is on the system. HOW???? Virgin you are meant to be a communications company yet you don't communicate. 

So now I have another date booked... fingers crossed that this time... the lovely shiny wire will be connected. The complaint I've placed seems to be lost... I would like a answer. This so frustrating.

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaints/ deadlock

I can only imagine that would be extremely frustrating!

@Lisa_CC @Alex_RM may be able to assist you, send a staff member a Private Message on here, they will ask for some basic info including if you're the account holder and some characters of your secret pass phrase/password when contacting them.

Virgin, and certainly others, all seem to be in fluxed with problems at the moment. Not that i'm making excuses for them, but at this rate i'm fairly sure their staff will need weekly counseling!

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just a heads up, Forum Staff won't respond to private messages unless they have initiated one themselves.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Cat1386
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If I'm honest I really feel for the staff, the ones I've spoken with have been helpful. It's just lack of communication and the length of time to get issues resolved. 

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo thanks for that mate, i'd suspected that! Though i have now been told off for offering remote assistance for PC problems.. lol

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry i couldn't be of much help, personally it took me around two months and then a two hour phonecall to get things sorted. But i'm happy to say, they've been rather good! I wonder if they would be annoyed if i replaced the HDD in my own V6 box...probably! Plus i have no idea if the box would be able to format a new HDD!

Just make a bit of a nuisance of yourself, even if you feel slightly bad for doing this, they will then notice that its quite a serious problem and should be in touch within a reasonable time frame! Can anyone refer a staff member here? @Lisa_CC and @Alex_RM can be found here, just make some posts!

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like a new install.  Bit odd that they would come do the legwork then not finish the job.

Too many contractors and poor communication between departments - been this way for 20 years now (depending on area perhaps) so doubt it'll get better ;P...

Normally the ground works are what stops installs from happening at a good pace, perhaps the outside bit hasn't actually been completed?

If, assuming new customer, you have enough details to get into your "my virgin media" account then it should show a booking I think - don't quote me on that as new installs might not show up there.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Cat1386,

Welcome back to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that a cable has been left at your property after the install!

I'm sorry to hear that it has been a frustrating journey to have this issue resolved.

I can see that you have been in touch with the team on Friday to have it arranged for someone to have this issue resolved. 

Please keep us updated on this issue and let me know if you need more information about this. 🙂 

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos