Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

I had a failed install at my house as i should not have been sold the service due to it not being available to me and the salesman lying about it being active.

I have registered a compalint on the 30/10/20 and had no response so i did an online chat on the 3/11/20 when my complaint was escalated but still no response.

I have tried sitting in a queue on the phone but was taking so long i had to end the call.

I thought i might give the forum a try before i progress my complaing to an outside body.

Any suggestions of my next course of action

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Hello

Complaints can take up to 28 days to investigate and get back to the customer, as stated in the codes of practice and until the complaints process has been completed there is no point of escalation, after 8 weeks or until you get a deadlock letter then can be escalated to CISAS.

Have a look at https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you've raised a formal complaint, then I don't believe the VM forum staff can become involved - that sits with the VM complaints team, and all you can do is wait.  The forum staff might be able to give the complaints team a prod, but from what we see here, the complaints team are struggling so don't get your hopes up. 

In terms of next steps, VM have eight weeks to try and settle your complaint, and only then (unless they issue a "deadlock letter" earlier) can you take the matter further by escalating the complaint to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not so much the complaint as the fact i haven't even had an acknowledgement that a compalint has been made, as stated i should have had some form of contact within 48 hours.

Thanks for the replies.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Surely the online chat acknowledged your complaint, so you know the complaint has been raised. 

You can't do anything more until you have received a response. 

Once a complaint has been raised, no one else can look into the issue for you so it's just a waiting game now. 

0 Kudos