cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint supposedly escalated to senior manager and a call promised but complaint just closed again

martynh99
On our wavelength

I need some help getting in contact with a senior manager to discuss my installation / complaints. 

Any complaint I open just gets closed with advice given. The last complaint was opened by a supposed manager last thursday and I was assured a callback over the weekend from a senior manager (as per complaints process dictates) to discuss - once again the complaint has just been closed with advice given, it even has the cheek to imply there had been a call as the letter opened with 'Thank you for the chat the other day' 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You seem to have had a number of past issues/complaints from your posting history, one of which was your initial installation.

Are you connected with VM now?

If you have gone through multiple formal complaints to VM, with no resolution, you should be considering escalating the issue to arbitration for a third party decision.

https://www.commsombudsman.org/

The Communications Ombudsman can't compel VM to install for you so, if you are still waiting, then arbitration would not help in that case.

For other issues, VM will just continue to give you the run around.

Also consider submitting a report to the OFCOM investigation into VM's complaints procedures

OFCOM launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @martynh99 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

What is it your complaint is regarding please in terms of the installation, has there been damage by us or are you unhappy with the installation?

Please let us know what has happened and we can advise further.

Many thanks

Tom_W

martynh99
On our wavelength

I just need to get the complaint a) to the correct person i.e. a senior manager as per the complaints procedure and b) for someone to actually contact me in person to discuss as i've asked many times, instead of just closing the complaint down after a few days with 'advice given' as the resolution. 

Client62
Legend

"Callback from a Senior Manager" = "Offshore Team invites customer to hang up and go away - nothing more"

If you do not specify what the complaint is in detail & photos, you make it impossible for this VM Team to help.

Tom_W1 from VM tried to help, this is your opportunity to discuss the matter with a VM Team member.

Hi martynh99, 

Thanks for coming back to us here and we totally understand the frustration but until we know more about things, there is little we can do. 

We'd love to help and can get a new complaint raised and look for it to be resolved too however depending on what the complaint is about, it may be that we need to refer this to another team. 

So we can get the process started, and get the information we need, I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs