Menu
martinquigg
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Coming Back To Virgin Media

Hi, I previously had Virgin Media Broadband, TV and phone, The engineer that installed it in 2019 put a splitter in the outside omni box and brought two coaxial cables into the house and installed two wall sockets - one at my router and the other beside my TV box in another room. I was away from Virgin for over a year and now I'm reconnecting with a Quickstart kit. What I want to know is (1) can I use the isolator cable to connect directly from the wall socket to the Hub 3, (2) do I need another isolator cable to connect the TV360 box to the second wall socket or can I use ordinary coaxial cable and (3) can I connect the TV box to the Hub 3 through wifi as it is too far away to use an ethernet cable.  In these circumstances I presume I do not need the splitter cable supplied in the kit. I should also add that my wall sockets have screw type connectors and I believe the new ones are of the push on type - does this further complicate matters for me. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Coming Back To Virgin Media

The wall boxes contain isloators, so whether the new leads have inline isolators or not does not matter.

The push connectors are designed to push over the existing threads on the wall box outlets. Disconnect the cable that goes to the splitter from the TV box & this should connect to the wall box. What you must not do is use your own coax, as the coax used for aerials & satellite dishes is not up to Virgins specs.

You can use WiFi for the TV box if the speed of the connection you get is high enough.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

martinquigg
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Coming Back To Virgin Media

Thanks for this very helpful answer. I wasn't aware that the existing wall boxes contained isolators as they were fitted in 2019 - I thought only the newer ones did. The expected wifi speed is 108mbs and hopefully this should be sufficient to connect the TV box as my existing sky broadband of about 15mbs is connected this way. Thanks again.

0 Kudos