Menu
Yaasir
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Coax cable pin bent

The push-in coax cable on the white wall box popped out and whilst pushing it back in, the pin inside the cable has bent. It is the cable that comes as part of the quick start self-install box. I have tried to unbend the pin and this has caused the pin to snap.

Is it possible for Virgin to send out a replacement cable? I think calling an engineer out to fix this would be costly and unnecessary. I have a generic coax cable which I can use meanwhile to connect but I have heard this can introduce noise into the network so I am hesitant to use that. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Coax cable pin bent

This will need an engineer to put right or a new cable sent out by VM.

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Yaasir
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

2 months and no response from VM....I guess using my own coax cable is not a problem then!

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Yaasir wrote:

2 months and no response from VM....I guess using my own coax cable is not a problem then!

Can't do that, it's against the T&Cs! You must have no internet until it's fixed using Virgin-quality cable by a Virgin-qualified engineer! 

[or make a short term patch whilst waiting for an engineer...] 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

you waited 2 months and said nothing and then moaned.
If you didn't follow up it can't of been that important

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Think he is making the point that he had to use his own cable because he could not get a response
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

well he didn't really try
0 Kudos
Yaasir
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kindly inform me what else I was supposed to do?

The first reply clearly mentioned not to bump the thread otherwise it would be moved down the priority list, which is thw reason i did not follow up.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

you could of replied. Flagged it after a few weeks. Called in. Used the online chat

VM will reply int he next few days (most likely tomorrow)
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You be surprised FREE OF CHARGE engineer come round and give you a new cable. The cable supplied by Virgin is damaged and you can't use a 3rd party cable therefore you are unable to receive their service you paying for.

IMO you just wasted your own money buying a 3rd party cable. It maybe an engineer 2 weeks later and normally these guys are very helpful and will leave you a extra spare cable if asked nicely.. they did for me 😉

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos