Menu
LiamG91
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Coax Wire Types

Hi.

Ive just had TV added to my package and the technician came today to install my tv boxes. I didnt noticed before he left otherwise id have asked him but:

When i had my broadband installed a couple of months ago, the technician installed a very thin coax cable from the wall, to the back of the superhub router.

Today when installing my tv boxes, the technician has used the normal thickness coax cable. The very thin coax cable is still being used for the superhub router.

I was just wondering if there was a difference in these 2 wires and why the technician today didnt use the very thin coax cable for the tv boxes, as they look a lot neater and blend in a lot better with the skirting board.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Coax Wire Types

no differance. the thin cables are ok for very short cables but if he had to amke the cable it would be a rg6 cable
0 Kudos
LiamG91
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Coax Wire Types

Ok thanks.

What i did notice is that the coax cable for the tv boxes, plugs into the coax slot instead of screws in and the coax cable for the superhub router also plugs into the coax slot instead of screws in now. I have noticed the adapter they have installed to plug into the tv boxes is like a thick metal coax in the middle and the adapter they have installed to plug into the superhub router has like a very thin metal coax in the middle.

I wonder if its because the adapter they use for the tv boxes wont fit onto the very thin coax cable?

0 Kudos