Menu
p3tzz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Co ax cable

Hi, I had a coaxial cable in place but the VM engineer gave me a replacement one as he said their one is better quality. I have ran the cable below the floor boards and would like VM to come out to connect. The engineer gave his mobile number but is now not replying. What is the best way to get someone out and is this something they do? Also how fast can this be done as I reckon it’s only like a 5 min job for them. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Co ax cable

Providing it is virgins cable they will connect it but it will cost £99 to get this done, its the engineers time and travel that costs, its immaterial how long it takes to do the work, and it sounds like the levels between your box and the street cabinet will need adjusting.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Non-fault engineer appointments are £99 and can be booked through the usual faults route.

Either.. 150 (from a VM phone), 0345 4541111 (from a non-VM phone) or waiting around here (a day or so) for a staff response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@p3tzz wrote:

Hi, I had a coaxial cable in place but the VM engineer gave me a replacement one as he said their one is better quality. I have ran the cable below the floor boards and would like VM to come out to connect. The engineer gave his mobile number but is now not replying. What is the best way to get someone out and is this something they do? Also how fast can this be done as I reckon it’s only like a 5 min job for them. Thanks. 

Was this part of an initial installation of your services? If so, when did the engineer attend. If less that 14 days ago you can threaten to cancel under the cooling off period if they try to charge you to properly complete the initial install.

0 Kudos