cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-ax cable does not fit

bradshawt
Tuning in

Hi all,

Got a virgin fibre quick start kit and we are installing it but the co-ax cable does not fit into the wall socket 

The previous owners co-ax cable does fit into the wall socket but then not into our virgin hub. There are no other wall sockets in the house 

I keep trying to upload a picture but it says that it exceeds file limit.

Many thanks 

Tom 

20 REPLIES 20

carl_pearce
Community elder

Maybe you need one of these?

https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

Images will help.

You can reduce the size of the files before uploading.

Cheers mate - got an engineer coming today so if there are further issues, I’ll be back here 

Tom 

Hi there @bradshawt

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear you were unable to complete your quick start install! 

How are things looking now that the engineer has attended? 

Thank you.

Hi Ashleigh,

Unfortunately there are more problems so I have another engineer coming tomorrow who is going to attempt to use a larger drill to solve the problem. I will update more when I see what he is able to do. 

Many thanks

Tom

Hi Ashleigh,

After only 56 minutes on the phone yesterday, I managed to speak to a lovely man called Sanjay from Technical support who said that they had booked another engineer in the next 72 hours to see if they could fix the problem. He gave me the number 1169127311 as my case number. 

The basic issue is that there are no virgin wires in my house. So they need to run wires from a box on the other side of a massive wall which they need to drill through. He said that I would not need to be in for this but I realized after the call that the other side of the wall (my house side) is only accessible with a key/ fob to get into our shared courtyard. This means someone has to be in when they come. 

However, on my virgin app it says that I have no appointments/ orders so I don't know how to track what is happening. Where can I track and know when the person is coming? Will I get a text and call from the person?

I have now spent two days (my brother the second day) waiting in our house for virgin to come. It would be great to know roughly the time. 

Many thanks,

Tom

Thank you for the update @bradshawt.

I have been able to locate your account using forum details and I can see you recently heard back from our team regarding the appointment date and time via text. Do you need any further help in regards to this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua,

Someone came today and they have started to put the work together. I am not sure why I also got an text about an appointment on the 15th of January. But the engineers today were great and progress is being made. 

Thanks anyway

Tom

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Great to hear some progress has been made Brad, when was the appointment booked in? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

I'm not sure when Wednesday's appointment was booked in - Ricardo, the engineer, just called me on the day and said he was coming. 

However, I just spoke to Ricardo now as I wanted to know when the work will begin. He said that something needed to happen before he could put the wires in, something about digging down and that he was not able to do this. Ricardo said to call him back at 4pm when he would know more. 

I now presume that the 'cable repull' appointment for the 14th of January is that appointment but I don't know. However, this is getting a bit of a problem. If the 14th is when works begins, then I could see a situation where we don't have wifi till February and March and that is just not acceptable really. 

When I spoke to Sanjay from technical support on the phone, he gave me the number of 1169127311 and said that work would start in the next 72 hours. The 14th of January is really not the next 72 hours. 

I'll call Ricardo back at 4 but could someone with my information on file, talk me through your planned steps. 

Tom