cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if Virgin are working in my area

throwaway12341
Joining in

Hi all,

A couple of days ago my girlfriend was harassed by a few men working in my area, installing what I'm now quite certain to be some cobra rods into a manhole in the pavement (those ones with 3 slabs that you see basically everywhere).

I'm not sure which company they were from to make a complaint about it and as they've now left there's no way for me to see who. I've contacted Openreach as it says BT on the manhole but they say they weren't working in that area that day. 

I've tried to contact Virgin through phone support multiple times today but each time I've gotten through to someone who isn't understanding my request and simply asks for an account number, which I don't have as I'm not a customer.

Does anyone know who I could contact so that Virgin can investigate if them, or one of their contractors, was working in that area that day? I've looked for an email but there doesn't seem to be one.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Virgin Media cables will not be installed in a BT Openreach service hatch.

Do a Google search for road works in your county, if a permit was needed for the work that may give you a clue.

beezer60
Tuning in

If it was an ISP you could check here https://bidb.uk/

Type in your postcode and click on any coloured dots you see in the road where your gf was harassed. May be a long shot if the scheduled work days have elapsed as the dot then disappears

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Both BT/Openreach and Virginmedia use third party contractors for cabling work. This sounds more like a matter for the police.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can also check roadworks here

https://one.network/

and use the dropdown under search to look at future work in case the same company is doing a bigger project generally in your wider local area .

But agree with jpeg1 that a call to your local police is probably more appropriate than trying to track down the company involved.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there 👋

We're extremely sorry to hear about this. So we can investigate further into this, and look into whether the construction work was one of our teams/contractors, I'm going to send you a private message, to gather some more details. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or the "Messages" tab after tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ