Menu
Soss
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Check Tel Line. No dial tone

I have just installed Quick Start but my phone is dead, It says Check Tel Line. My phone was attached to my old hub and worked fine. I am using the same cable as there was no other phone cable in the box. What do I do to get a dial tone. I have done everything in the instructions. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Check Tel Line. No dial tone

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Soss
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My phone is not new. It was attached to my old hub. There were no new cables in the box so we used the original cables re instructions. But still getting Check Tel Line and no dialling tone. Do I still have to have it activated?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I read your first post as you have a replacement Hub.

Did you phone in to get it activated ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Soss
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I phoned but nobody answers the phone! Rang for ages and finally gave up. Really lousy service. You can never get through. Not prepared to hang on for an hour!

I’ll try tomorrow again.

0 Kudos
Soss
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My internet is working perfectly. Just problem with the phone which is attached to the router.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Soss,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your phone line. 

What I will do is private message you so I can take a look your line. 

^Martin

0 Kudos