cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged £35 Hub 3 on new account when advised it was free.

PDVS
Joining in

Hi,

Couldn't find a similar query so started a new post. (I'm using an old VM account to log on here so my details for the new account I just ordered below are different)

I ordered a broadband & phone package earlier today. While ordering I was informed of no fees and £27 a month service charge for 18 months (the reason I took up the offer).

I just received the Virgin Media Contract which shows the charge for the contract. Included in the "Other Items & Charges" section is "Virgin Media Hub 3*" with a £35 charge.

I was told the equipment, setup & intsallation fees were all £0 i.e.free.

Is this an error or a copy/paste bill/contract price that will be corrected once my service has started or are VM going to try it on and charge me for something they said was free?

Not a good start before my service has even started, if they are!

Regards,

Paul S.

7 REPLIES 7

Aaron2
Well-informed

Double check it as the charge will show and then under it a credit should show as well for the same amount. Should this be correct and all you see is the £35 then contact in and someone will have a look for you, it could just be an error when it was processed and the agent didn't notice.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

PDVS
Joining in

Thanks for the reply but it's not a bill as such. It's a contract summary with the services to be supplied & the costs.

I'm wondering if the * comment underlined at the bottom of the following detail means it is actually included so won't be charged but it's very unclear to me and seems they want to charge it. I suppose I could wait until I get my first bill but I'd rather know sooner then I can cancel the order if they attempt to charge me for the hub.

(Copy/Pasted below)

Your Virgin Media contract

Your Virgin Media services
Key financial information
You bought:
Fibre Broadband (see page 3 for broadband speed information)
M100 Fibre Broadband
Virgin Phone
Telephone Line Rental
Talk Weekends
Free Voicemail
Promotional Offer(s)
Welcome Offer 18 Months Discount (until 2nd March 2023)
Your monthly service charge £27.00
Then £51.00 from Friday 3rd March 2023
Other items & charges (these charges will only appear on your next bill) £35.00
Virgin Media Hub 3.0*
The charges stated above are for your core Virgin Media services only. If you choose to add subscription charges such as Netflix to your bill, these will also be chargeable and added to your monthly bill in addition to the above charges.
* indicated items included on your package price.

Your monthly service charges: This section shows the monthly price for your package. If you are enjoying a discount, the end date for this is shown, and the price once your discount has expired shown at the bottom.
Other items and charges:
This section includes one-off charges or credits that are applied to your account.

Regards,

Paul S

Sorry for being a pain but can anyone look into this for me to check I won't be charged?

Regards,
Paul S

Hi bumping the thread will in fact put it back in the queue, this is a customer driven forum not a direct link with a virgin person, they will respond but it may take 3 or 4 days, if you want an instant reply you need to phone. Regards Micky

Ah, ok, thanks Micky, sorry about that.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, PDVS,

I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details and to have a look at your billing.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thank you Corey. PM replied to.