cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change location of cabinet (pre cabinet installation)

srt761
Joining in

Hello,

We have signed up to Virgin in our new property a couple of days ago. Someone came out this morning and advised that a cabinet needs to be installed outside before they can do the cabling to the house. They spray painted some markings on the grass immediately infront of our boundary wall where they advised us the cabinet would be installed.

The issue is that we plan to open up the front of our house, apply for a dropped kerb and then remove the boundary wall to allow additional parking, which if the cabinet is installed infront of the boundary would no longer be possible.

We would like to request with Virgin Media that the location of the cabinet is changed, perhaps to the street corner instead. 

The issue is I have no idea who by or when the cabinet is due to be installed.

Could anyone advise on the best contact to discuss this, and what the chances of having the cabinet positioned elsewhere are?

Otherwise we will need to decide between changing our driveway plans, or cancelling the installation. We are keen to get this sorted before the cabinet is installed, as we have read about the costs of moving a cabinet further down the line, and don't want to do that!

Thanks a lot

Sam

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi srt761,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly take a look into this for you. 

What I will do is private message you now to take some details. 

^Martin

srt761
Joining in

Hi Martin, thanks so much, I've replied with further info.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s unlikely to be a cabinet. If you are able to book an installation the cabinets will already be there & are live. They most likely want to install a Toby box, which is an underground termination of the street ducting at your boundary. There will be nothing on the surface except a small access cover

Tobi boxTobi box

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks