Menu
Wickees2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Change Self Install to Engineer Visit

Hi,

First time posting.

Signed up to Virgin yesterday and was given the self install option because the property previously had Virgin. We have a white box thing (Sorry not technical) but it’s just a shell with no connections.

My connection is due to start on 03/08 and I’m working from home because of covid and can’t afford to be without the internet for a long period of time.

I have tried to contact the Virgin team but unable to get through. Can anybody help with how I would change a self install to an engineer install.

Thanks,

Andy.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SteNix2020
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change Self Install to Engineer Visit

Have You double checked there are no further VM connection terminals around the house. Easiest way would be to track the wire from the external brown box to where it enters the property.

The box you found, Have you looked inside to gather there are no connections? There should be a screw like connection underneath.

If your still no further forward with this then your best option is to either call in or you can text 07533051809 and you will receive a reply though may not be instant using the text service. VM staff may also pick this thread up and respond on here but that can be a day or two normally.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change Self Install to Engineer Visit

Hi Wickees2021

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We're not able to do the conversion from here. However, please don't worry. Please call our pre-install team on 0800 052 1734 and they can assist further.

Let us know how the install goes

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos