Menu
vfaccount
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cant get through to Customer Services..... Someone please answer

I have been trying all day to get through to Virgin Customer services to discuss a downgrade to my account. In total I have waited for up to 2 hours (i believe i am being charged for this from mobile.)

Nobody has answered and this is not the first time that I have had this problem. Can someone please tell me a number I can call to discuss my account that will actually answer? 

If you call the sales number they pick up within 2 minutes. Why do Virgin not care as much for their existing customers as they do for new customers? Why such disparity... 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant get through to Customer Services..... Someone please answer

Hi I know it's frustrating but you do need phone to achieve this 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
vfaccount
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thanks Micky but the number does not work. Can anyone help.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As littleMick says - but also calling early (between 08.00-11.00 is usually best) you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
vfaccount
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

does anyone understand why the customer service is so bad?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Its bad because the offshore staff are so poorly trained and distant for their owners. However, as to why that is, I dont understand.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Richjen1
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have suffered the same problem - Even worse after one hour the phone disconnects and I take my place at the end of the queue again. There is no process for dealing with simple queries. I just want a Wi Fi Booster which I am allowed FOC as part of my package. I am paying for over 500Mb broadband and getting about 20mb in the main room I use broadband.  But there is no way of getting anything without going thro the call centre. I think it takes over twpo hours to get any response. Does Virgin Media as a company really care at all

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00 is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful - tell them you are leaving if they dont resolve your issue on this call

--------------------
goody1
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The customer service is very poor, mainly due to the foreign countries that VM insist on using, for VM Customer Services.

If we had English speaking people without strong accents, we could understand them, and, just as importantly, they could understand us!

Like mentioned before in this post, go though to the "thinking of leaving us" option where you get English people  speaking English!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@goody1 wrote:

The customer service is very poor, mainly due to the foreign countries that VM insist on using, for VM Customer Services.

If we had English speaking people without strong accents, we could understand them, and, just as importantly, they could understand us!

Like mentioned before in this post, go though to the "thinking of leaving us" option where you get English people  speaking English!

What about Scottish and Welsh people speaking English?  Are they OK or are their strong accents also unacceptable? As VM have call centres in both Scotland and Wales with at least one English call centre in the North East, avoiding strong accents might be tricky. Personally I have spoken to members of the retention team with Scottish and Welsh accents so it is not all English people when you take the "thinking of leaving" option.

I agree that the telephone customer service is poor, but I disagree that nationality is the biggest factor.  Poor training is usually the problem.  I have had both good and bad experiences with offshore call centre staff when dealing with VM and other companies and I never felt that language was an issue.

English people can be bad at their job or poorly trained too.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos