Menu
developer_dave
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cant get a phone line

I have spent the last month trying to renew my tv, broadband and phone package.  This has lead to over a dozen phone conversations over an hour long, each time being passed from call centre to call centre.  The current position is that a copper phone line can not be installed at my property, I am fine with a broadband phone line, but no one seems to know how to connect this. 2 engineers have been out and despite the engineers also calling their help lines we are no further forward.  If I cant have a phone this is also ok - it would be nice if a discount was offered to acknowledge I need to get a service elsewhere.  However as this is a renewal I was also told that the new contract could not start until the phone line is in place.  Not sure that this is possible so I don't have much choice but to cancel.   However in trying to cancel for the second time today and the operative putting the phone down I have had enough, so have cancelled my direct debit and hopefully someone at Virgin can now contact me to sort this out.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant get a phone line

You need the hub 3.0 which has the RJ11 port that provides landline for all new and mover installations.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
developer_dave
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep.  I have one of these and the engineer even left a dongle out the back of it for the phone line.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In which case it should be a simple matter to enable the phone connection, it's unacceptable that this wasn't done.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would be wary of cancelling Direct Debits. VM are renowned for scuppering customers credit scores as soon as you miss a payment. Getting these removed with the bodies concerned can be a slow and arduous process.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos