Do I need to get something unlocked to use my ladbrokes app

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot use my Ladbrokes account

Probably being blocked by the default parental controls.

For a VM broadband connection see here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-use-websafe

For VM mobile see here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/parental-controls-for-mobile

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My first suspect would be Virgin Media's websafe systems blocking gambling along with other content deemed unsuitable for the children.  If you're on broadband you can disable websafe (or whatever they call it) in My Virgin Media, or if you're technically inclined you could just change the DNS settings on the device you're using.  If you're referring to a VM mobile, you can certainly turn it off, but I'm not familiar with how.

Bear in mind that turning off web filtering usually enables all "adult content", I don't think the system offers the discrimination to just allow selected sites or categories.  If that's important then Bluecoat filtering software is free, very effective and highly customisable according to what you might want blocked or enabled.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Choosing your Web Safe settings

Web Safe is of course up to you, and there may be situations where you don't need it. If you're a Virgin Fibre customer, when you register for My Virgin Media we'll ask to you choose your Web Safe settings.

If you want to change your settings at a later date, or if you've not yet made a choice of settings, here’s how:

1. Register or Sign in to your My Virgin Media account at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia
  2. Click on My apps
  3. Click on Web Safe
  4. Click Settings

Here you’ll see the two filters – one for Virus Safe and one for Child Safe protection. Depending when you joined us you may have Virus Safe or both Virus Safe and Child Safe turned on by default.

To disable or enable each level of protection, click Turn Off or Turn On, and then click Apply. We recommend keeping Virus Safe on.

You can customise your Child Safe settings by clicking on the Categories, Sites or Timer filters and choosing the protection you need for you and your family. If Child Safe is turned off, the settings are saved until Child Safe is turned on again. See Child Safe for details on the filters.

When you choose to block a site with Web Safe, or when your Child Safe timer reactivates your block settings, you may have to restart your browser or device before the site or category is blocked.

If you do turn either filter off, remember you will lose your network-level protection for that feature.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos