Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot see new Broadband account in my existing "My Virgin Media" account

Hello lovely people on the forum 🙂   Could anyone advise on the following?

1.  I have just been set up with a brand new account for a new broadband contract.  I have received emails with the PreContract info, the Contract, the Direct Debit confirmation, and "Welcome to eBilling".  I've also just taken delivery of the physical router.

2.  I have an existing "My Virgin Media" account from an old broadband contract at a different property which ended earlier this year.   So I can log on but it says "you are not with Virgin Media" any more and displays my old account number.

Question: How do I merge these accounts, given that the email address/username is the same in both cases?  The email address is a unique identifer, so I was expecting to be able to see the new broadband account in my existing "My Virgin Media" account.

I'm very aware that Virgin's systems seem to have some limitations so I don't want to mess things up.  If I really have to, then I will set up a new personal email address to use as the email/username for my new broadband contract  - but is this necessary?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot see new Broadband account in my existing "My Virgin Media" account

sorry - and just for clarity - I am also worried that even if I do have to create a new "My Virgin Media" account to go with the new broadband account, using a different personal email address from that used to receive my new Contract and eBilling notification, that will cause problems.   Because then you have two different email addresses relating to one broadband account...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi WantToBeACustom,

You would be given a new account number as it's a new contract at a new address, and the old account has been closed.

If you hold fire for a while then a member of Forum Staff may be able to process a transfer of your old email address to your new account.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for your reply.  Apologies I don't think I was clear before, my fault.  I understand about new account numbers.

I don't have an old email address, I just have a single email address, which is nothing to do with Virgin - e.g.  myname@hotmail.com

- The contract, Direct Debit and welcome emails from Virgin for the NEW account were all sent to myname@hotmail.com

- My logon for "My Virgin Media" is also myname@hotmail.com

- But when I log on to "My Virgin Media" I don't see the NEW broadband account (i.e. the bills etc), despite the contract being sent to the same email address myname@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Genius! I've resolved my own query with the following workaround. So if you are a returning customer and want to view your new bills online:

1. Log on to your old MyVirginMedia account

2. Go to Profile and change your username to a different email address that you can access e.g. a work one (not ideal, but this is a workaround). You have to click the link in an email they send you to confirm the change.

3. Log out of MyVirginMedia.

4. Go to your welcome email for the new contract and click the link to set up a new MyVirginMedia account linked to the new broadband account.

5. It will now allow you to use your original personal email address as the username.

6. Complete the setup of the new MyVirginMedia account and you will see your new broadband account number, contract etc.

So effectively, its like having the same MyVirginMedia account as before, but now linked to the new broadband account.

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again WantToBeACustom.

I'm delighted that you managed to find a solution.

That's a great solution, just shows what thinking outside the box can do.

Thanks for letting us know, and also sharing how to to do it in an easy to understand manner.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos