Menu
jeremyasmith
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot report a fault

For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to report that the connection box attached to my house has fallen apart and is exposed to the elements which we believe may also be the reason we get intermitent services? I have called, left messages, gone through chat all without anyone getting back to me, I have even left a couple of complaints without any aknowledgement. I really do not know what to do and am about to give up and go to someone else (I am no longer in contract as I have been with Virgin for many years)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot report a fault

You can either persevere on the phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jeremyasmith

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues getting in touch to report your broadband issue and Omni-box cover being damaged. 

I have located your account and can see that you have since been in touch and we have booked a technician to come and fix the external box for you. I do hope that the visit goes well. In regard to your broadband, I can confirm that there are no known area issues listed for your region and no errors listed. 

It's been around 11 days since your last reboot and all signal levels are looking to be within the parameters that we expect for your package and equipment - there is nothing we can see from here that would be causing any issues. 

If you're still struggling with services once your Omni-box cover has been replaced and if a reboot doesn't help, please do let us know and we can do some further checks with you. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jeremyasmith
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you yes i managed to get through to someone on sunday and they were very helpful and i am sure my problem will be resolved

we gave up resetting the router and i used my mobile for internet access whenever we had problens, when the box is fixed we will see how it goes.

i think the most frustrating thing was that on the support system there was no way to specify a broken box outside house, everything went to automated tests of the broadband which is understandable but not relevant to my issue.

thanks, fingers crossed

jeremy

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jeramy, thanks for the message. I am happy to hear that you have managed to report this and we have managed to get someone out to look into this for you. Please let us know how it goes and if you need any further assistance then don't hesitate to message us. Chris 

0 Kudos
jeremyasmith
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All is good thank you, next time I have a problem I will come straight to the forum
0 Kudos