Menu
stevebr1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get pre-pull completed as promised

Hi

I'm in the process of moving to a house which is in a Virgin serviced area. In readiness I want to get the "pre-pull" to my new house completed so then when we move the Virgin engineer can just come round and couple things up internally.

Virgin have told me to get this done I need to set an install date, then the pre-pull will definitely be completed before then, I then cancel the install date and rebook it for the date I actually need to switch over.

Nobody came to did the pre-pull before the initial install date so as advised by Virgin I pushed the install date back and they said not to worry, the pre-pull would definitely be done beforehand. Same happened. Following numerous calls / cut offs/ hours on hold with Virgin (including getting cut off from all my Virgin services at my current address for 72 hours) I got a site survey set up with a Virgin engineer at my new house, he came, agreed it needed the pre pull, sprayed a bit of green paint on the drive and guaranteed it would happen before the next install date.

Again the next install date came and no pre pull. And again.

Basically it seems impossible to get the pre pull done despite numerous text messages and verbal confirmations from Virgin guaranteeing it will be done. I'm glad I'm trying to get this done now, otherwise if I tried to do it after I moved I would have been without service for months.

The next install date was set to 25th June, I then got an email saying it was pushed back to 25th July, I then had a phone call from Virgin saying the pre pull would be definitely done on 17th July and as I would be without Virgin services for so long until then they could offer me a Wifi dongle to use in the meantime. This would mean being without TV / broadband for weeks, with no actual guarantee that the pre pull would be completed as promised as Virgin have failed to meet the promised dates about 5 times so far.

I logged a formal complaint with Virgin, despite the promise it would be responded to within 28 days it hasn't and has just set there awaiting a response. Not the best service for a long standing customer.

The only option seems to be to move to Sky and accept their slower broadband speeds but I'm posting on here as a last resort in case a Virgin representative can actually understand my issue fully and help get it resolved.

Thanks
Steve

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get pre-pull completed as promised

Virgin's communications at times like this are hopeless.

What they should have told you is that having marked the pavement with their green paint they have to wait for permission from the local Council to dig it up. This can take several weeks, depending on how efficient the Council is in processing the request. So any date you are given will be a sheer guess, and you should not rely in it.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @stevebr1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

We are really sorry to hear that you have had some issues getting your pre-install work completed.

As advise above, it sounds like we need to complete some construction work before we can install you, this could be the reason for the delay. 

Are you able to let me know when you raised your complaint? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
stevebr1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Zak_M

I raised the complaint around 20th April. When I currently try and track the complaint via the Virgin website I get

"Sorry, we have a problem

Either the link you clicked is broken, the page has moved or you typed the address wrong."

Last week when I checked the status the complaint was listed as open-> awaiting response from Virgin but as I say it's not even showing that at the moment. I'll message you the complaint number.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for providing me with the reference number via PM.

I have taken a look over the complaint and it is still currently under review.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos