Menu
alaamed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect Coaxial Cable to HUB

Hello Guys, I was told that I had Virgin installation in My new house so I chose self installation but It seems that the coaxial cable to connect to the Hub. 
 Any Help please?
 WhatsApp Image 2021-01-01 at 10.18.48 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-01 at 10.18.48.jpeg 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect Coaxial Cable to HUB

What is the reason that it won't connect ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

outside looks ok - inside [sort of] ok - thats certainly an F connector and should screw on but the cable behind the connector looks thinner than i would expect - follow the internal cable back and see what it connects to 

also post a sideways picture of the internal connector and cable

Tony
alaamed
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It does not allow me to screw it in fully to the hub.

0 Kudos
alaamed
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HUB.jfifcable.jfif

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@alaamed wrote:

It does not allow me to screw it in fully to the hub.

The central copper wire on the cable needs to protrude by about 1.5mm beyond the nut.

If that is correct and it won't screw in it is normally because the copper wire isn't aligned properly with the centre hole in the Hub.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
alaamed
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it is just I feel that the central wire is a bit thicker than the one in the cable provided.WhatsApp Image 2021-01-01 at 11.23.22.jpeg

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

All VM cabling is the same.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That phot shows screw fit and push fit end fittings.

If the cable with the screw fit end fitting comes through the wall directly from the external brown box just connect it to the back of the Hub.

alaamed
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much , It worked when I screwed the end into the hub.
0 Kudos