Menu
Nik3278
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot book engineer slot for broadband fault

My Lancaster LA1, network was down. Got a SMS update form virgin that the network was fixed but router still won’t connect to the network. Tried to book an engineer  after doing all the trouble shooting but the site does not progress to the appointments slots. Instead it keep going back to checking my connection repeatedly. Could do with reconnecting as I work for my local hospital from home.  Thanks 

Anyone able to advise?  

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot book engineer slot for broadband fault

Have you tried a factory default to the Hub?

0 Kudos
Nik3278
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Do you work For Virgin?

Yes.I’ve followed all the instructions in the app.

- Switched on and off

-checked all the cables

- reset as per the instructions using the reset button

- used the virgin app to check the connections

- used the website to check the internet connection. It’s says I  need to book an shiner but as per my first  post - cannot 

- just the bottom straight line flashing green and the Wi-Fi light also green but not flashing. No internet light ( the two arrows)

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nik3278

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've taken a look into this for you today.

Your area has a current SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this.

Your fault reference number is F009057137 and the estimated fix date is tomorrow at 9am.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos