cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling within cooling off period

markh991
Joining in

I'm having an absolute nightmare on the phone trying to cancel my new account within the 14day cooling off period.

The staff either seem to pass me onto another department after a few questions, or put me on hold and then hang up. This has happened 4 times now!!

Does anyone know an easier way I can speak to someone who can cancel the account??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________

1) Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - no guarantee of getting through there either though

2. Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.
Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

3. Or, if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to them at the address specified on the form (the Sunderland address above). Again - use registered delivery.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________

1) Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - no guarantee of getting through there either though

2. Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.
Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

3. Or, if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to them at the address specified on the form (the Sunderland address above). Again - use registered delivery.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes.  Cancel by post (recorded delivery), writing to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.  That address is in section M of the Virgin Media Terms and Conditions. 

You'd need the relevant information to enable them to locate and cancel your account.  They should cancel the contract at no charge to you, and you should get an equipment return package (or notification that they'll collect it).  Make sure you get proof of posting back or collection by a VM employee.

VM intentionally make it hard to cancel by phone, taking inspiration from AOL's dodgy practices in the 1990s.  If there were a competent regulator they'd act fast and hard against VM, but instead we have Ofcom, the chocolate teapot of regulators.