Menu
SpiffyFlipper
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling during cooling off period.

Due to my current broadband provider being less than adequate I decided to take the plunge and look for a new provider. 

I'm not normally one to complain (as proven by sticking with a less than useful provider for 4.5 years.)

Virgin has recently been installed in my area and so I decided to place an order for their broadband and TV deal which seemed pretty fair. I booked a slot for installation and although I imagined the date might move a little (maybe a few days or a week.) The install date I eventually got sent was 5 weeks into the future. By this point my current provider would have ceased service and I would be left without internet. With both my children in secondary school (and the prospect of a possible "bubble closure" at any time.) It is vital I have working Internet because their classes will be streamed online.

I rang  0345 454 1111- I was waiting on the phone for 1 hour before anyone even answered. Then I was put on hold again for a further 20 minutes before being passed to the right department. I explained my situation, that installation in 5 weeks time is not what I was expecting and with that in mind (and the fact contacting customer services for something this simple had taken 1 and a half hours.) I wished to cancel my order, given I had only made it that afternoon. 

I was told I would receive a phonecall back because Virgin would try and see if there was an earlier installation date. 

I received an e billing email this morning, and a text to say install for 6th November. I have just this second been emailed a predicted bill and contract, which also confirms 6th Nov as install date but funnily enough I have received no call back. Just confirmation of a booking I do not want and have not asked for.

I now face the prospect of sitting on the phone for another 1-2 hours this evening. How do I cancel this order? It should be pretty simple but it seems like it's anything but. I'm now wishing I had listened to all the reviews I read regarding the customer service.

Any help or advice anyone could provide would be very greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling during cooling off period.

Either persevere on the phone - 08:00 is the best time to phone in.

Or wait until the installation date and when they turn up just say no thanks.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling during cooling off period.

Cancel by post, using recorded delivery.  See section M of the Virgin Media Terms & Conditions.

Regarding your existing unsatisfactory provider, why not switch to one of the smaller ISPs that have decent customer service?  Zen Internet are one.  Others include Aquiss, uno, IDNet, AAISP.  Check out customer feedback on Trustpilot and ISPReview, although because some of these are small companies the size of the review sample will be small. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos