cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled installation

Cathi0506
Joining in

My mother set up a contract with Virgin media in August 2021 and it has still not been installed. She continues to receive emails and texts informing her that the date has been put back due to problems with the cabling outside the house, however a few weeks ago an engineer called and said they had removed the blockage?! And everything was ready to go. My mum is 72 years old and she has been left with no internet or phone for 3 months. Her mobile phone signal in the house is not good so she has to stand in the garden in the dark cold evenings to be able to make contact with anyone. We have tried constantly to get the matter dealt with and we keep getting robbed off by Virgin who say they will ring back and don’t. I really don’t know what to do now as if I cancel the contract I may not get anything before Christmas but she cannot go on this way she can’t even do her shopping or banking as she has no internet. Virgin did send a dongle two months ago but this doesn’t work now either. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do next ?? Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Cathi0506

It's really disappointing to hear of the problems experienced by your mother in regards to her installation, the delays and the inconvenience this is causing, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We've been unable to locate the account using the details provided to sign up to the forum but this will be due to the account probably being set up in your mothers name and using her details. When did you last speak to the Installations Team in regards to this?

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some details in order to look into this further for your mother.

Rob