Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

I know there are hundreds of topics about this (which just goes to show how awful the process is of cancellation with Virgin... but that's a different story!), but I'm trying to cancel my broadband as the contract ends next month. I've tried ringing the number which costs 55p a minute and I've been waiting now for 20 minutes. I understand the strain currently with the coronavirus but it's now cost me a tenner to try and cancel and I'm just getting absolutely nowhere cause you're cancellation process is so archaic, this literally happens every time I try and do something with this company, it's just getting a bit of a joke.

Why is there not some sort of online cancellation during this period? Why isn't there an online cancellation option anyway!? You're a tech company and you do everything over the phone??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

Today is the first proper day of schools and businesses being closed and other companies regrouping to try and get things working.

Give it a couple of days and Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful.

It is a local rate number, so I don't know where you got the 55p / minute from.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos