Menu
Snarf
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation Of Service

Hello,

No doubt sent to the wrong board but hey-ho.

I'm moving and the new area doesn't have VIRGIN media. So, I wish to cancel my service.

I'm a bit frustrated as the "moving home" TEXT msg service is a complete waste of time as it is another route to customer services and Customer services will not answer the phone [call back in 2hrs].

I have spent a week trying to resolve this but to no avail.

So I've canceled the DD and that will most probably get someone's attention.

Every business is like this: Off to a good start in the beginning but delaying the inevitable by putting up a systematic wall that leads you straight back at the beginning will still end up in people leaving. Making it more awkward doesn't help anyone.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation Of Service

@Snarf wrote:

Hello,

No doubt sent to the wrong board but hey-ho.

I'm moving and the new area doesn't have VIRGIN media. So, I wish to cancel my service.

I'm a bit frustrated as the "moving home" TEXT msg service is a complete waste of time as it is another route to customer services and Customer services will not answer the phone [call back in 2hrs].

I have spent a week trying to resolve this but to no avail.

So I've canceled the DD and that will most probably get someone's attention.

Every business is like this: Off to a good start in the beginning but delaying the inevitable by putting up a systematic wall that leads you straight back at the beginning will still end up in people leaving. Making it more awkward doesn't help anyone.

Kind regards

Unfortunately, cancelling the DD will only impact you - virgin won't care, they'll just mark your credit file with a non-payment notice.

If you don't want to battle through on the phones, send your cancellation in writing to:

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,
Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire,
NG2 3GG

use a recorded/signed for service. the minimum notice period you can give is 30 days. if you are still in contract, then you will have to pay early termination fees for whatever the outstanding period of your contract is. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation Of Service

Tehwolf has it spot on. Cancelling your dd before handing in your 30 days notice doesn't get anyone's attention. It'll just get a letter in the post with non payment fees which if not paid means non payment notices going on your credit file. 

0 Kudos