cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel virgin media

pecksniff
Joining in

I am moving in with my niece, and am desperately trying to cancel my account, which VM have made as difficult as possible.

A fortnight ago I sent a letter via recorded delivery to Sunderland also this week a rather angry follow up letter. I have tried using your automated phone service, but I am 78 years old and may not live long enough to get a response. to date I have had no acknowledgement of any of these letters.

Please tell of the magic way to achieve this.

Thankyou

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They are just not very good at responding. If you have sent 2 cancellation letters - do you have proof of signed for delivery/received?

Remember... when you cancel its with 30 days notice... so it should go off 30 days after the letter was processed.

How long has it been ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

You mean that with all those lovely "teams" that they can't acknowledge a simple letter.They certainly have the manpower to ring me up to try and sell me things. How strange.

Hi @pecksniff

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the delay in response regarding your cancellation.

May I ask when the cancellation letter was posted? Have you received any notification at all regarding the letter? I can investigate further once these questions are answered 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Initial letter sent (recorded delivery 26th August)  follow up ( regular mail 30th August) So far no acknowlegement

Cheers

John Day

Hey pecksniff, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

As you wrote to us by post this should of been acknowledged within 24/48 hours of receipt of the letter.

Please can you confirm the address you sent this to this cancellations letter to. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew

Both letters went to:

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.

Initial letter went recorded delivery

Pecksniff

Hi @pecksniff, thanks for the reply.

I am so sorry to hear about this.
I will look in to this for you and assist you on this.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have had exactly the same issue I rang 3 times on 26th August and wrote to the Sunderland address on 27th August - no acknowledgement - nothing, Sadly i did not send the letter recorded delivery.

We have now moved I have given you notice please would you engage

Hi @Clerkenwell_Col,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel your services with us and leave, but that you're struggling to do so. Would you mind confirming what issues you're facing when you call?

If you've sent a letter we'd always recommend to send it recorded/tracked to ensure it doesn't get lost in transit, especially with recent events causing some delays to mail delivery.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!