cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel the Broadband service due to multiple failed installation attempts.

Jason16
Joining in

Hello everyone, I am currently experiencing difficulties with the installation of my broadband service. Despite scheduling four appointments, none of them have been successful. The engineer has informed me that the issue is related to a third-party company called SCCI.

I am now waiting for my fifth appointment, which is scheduled for next week. While I remain hopeful for a positive outcome, I have decided that I want to cancel the service.

However, when I requested to cancel, VM informed me that there would be a termination and disconnection fee. I would like to explore the possibility of canceling without having to pay these charges.

Any suggestions please.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Pure VM genius. A disconnection fee for a prospective customer who is yet to be connected. 

I suggest posting the above in the Broadband /Quickstart bit of the forum for VM forum team attention (they don't monitor this bit).

BTW you could just wait it out whilst automatic compo builds up daily. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

OK, now the first thing to consider is that whoever you spoke to (it was the offshore, sorry excuse for a customer service provision provision' wasn't it), was outright lying to you, or were so badly trained that they were simply making stuff up - this being a not too uncommon facet of VM's support?

It may or may not help you to know that the reported record between the first initial installation date and it actually happening was a tad over 13 MONTHS. The underlying reason are, well basically terminal incompetence and complete lack of interest by VM as to what their contractors are doing or not doing!

Now, naturally you could regard what you have been told with the contempt it deserves and simply cancel, alternatively, what you could do is simply nothing at all, assume that VM are too incompetent to connect you up and simply sign up with another supplier. If and when VM extract digit and sort you out, then you test the connection and immediately cancel it under the 14 day cooling off period regulations. But at least you know that the cables are all in  place and working, should you have a bout of masochism and want to give VM another chance in the future!

Furthermore, in the interest of science, I'm going to make a prediction. In the next day or so, a member of the forum team (VM employees) will post in this thread, and make a comment along the lines of 'waiting for local council permissions', 'extra work needed' etc, they will, naturally completely ignore any explanation for the lying completely wrong advice you have been given by the aforementioned 'apology for a customer service provision', other that the oft mentioned 'feedback to the agent will be given' - well, great, that's all OK then!

Bottom line, you have now had a glimpse of how VM;s customer services work, and you aren't even a paying customer yet - having second thoughts?

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jason16

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Sorry your first post is regarding a failed installation and a request to cancel the account.

As a rule we tend to not deal with cancellations from here, Due to the circumstances you have mentioned. 

I will be happy to close this account and clear any balance that has been generated.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L