cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Order

KevCush
Tuning in

Hi, 

I’ve been trying to cancel an order I have placed on 05/08/2022, due to a change in circumstance. 

I have made numerous calls and am getting passed from department to department, with numerous hang ups and cold transfers. 

I’ve been on this call for 28 minutes and have yet to get past the validation stage of the call, the call handler has also given me the name two different people, asking me if I am that person. Surely that goes against data protection? 

can see from other posts here that, help to cancel an order can be difficult. Hoping there is someone who can advise the best possible way for me to do this?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try calling 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - no guarantee of getting through there either though

or...

You can Cancel In writing to…
Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.
Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

But your contract doesnt actually start until the equipment has been installed and you have an active connection - so if you never actually switch it on there are plenty of opportunities to cancel within the 14-day post connection cooling off period - at no cost.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

thanks for the reply. I’m unable to get through to the retention team on those numbers as it asks for the account number. Which I haven’t actually been provided with yet. I only have an order reference number to go on, and no one seemingly can search by order reference on whichever system they use. 

I managed to speak to someone offshore and he advised that my order ‘probably’ hasn’t gone through, as there are already services at the address I was suppose to move to, he said they have to contact the account holder there to organise for their service to be stopped/moved and then I would have to replace my order.

I might just write to them to be sure…..

I worked in a call centre many years ago and I was able to search by order number, seems silly not to be able to do that

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @KevCush 

I'm not sure but would have thought that either the sales team (0800 952 2039) or the preinstall team (0800 052 1734) would be able to cancel.  They should be able to perform a search on the postcode and house number if they can't find it using the order number

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello KevCush,

Thanks for your post. 

Can We please ask if you have been able to get the account cancelled yet.

If not let me know and I can take a look from here.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

haven’t been able to cancel my order, apparently they are still unable to find my account.

is there an order processing team?

thanks

kevin 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know KevCush. 

We will be able to help but I will just need to take  a few details via private message. 

I will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat