Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cancel M100 installation

I have been after a new broadband only (no phone) supplier for awhile and was offered the M100 at £24.00 per month on a 18mth contract.

After spending more than an hour on chat with ''Gummy'' I placed my order BUT after getting my contract and an endless stream of texts it seems it is not the service they or ''Gummy'' described!

I was explicitly told no external works would be needed, no additional cabling would need to be run into the house, and all I need do is plug the 'quick start' router into the existing phone line.

It now looks like an engineer is on-call to visit the property to carry out external works and cabling, which I did not ask for, and will be required to enter the property to run a cable and Virgin junction box inside. The first bill has also arrived which is for £48.00? Again this is not what I was told or agreed to during my chat with ''Gummy'' - a transcript of which I have kept to hand.

I have tried multiple times over the past few days to cancel this visit and the contract, but cannot get through to anyone! I have responded to the texts and heard nothing! 

As this M100 service has clearly been miss-sold I am not waiting to have an engineer turn up to install something I do not want, not as was described, and I want to cancel this immediately...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel M100 installation

No additional cabling is needed if you have a Virgin phone line. 

If the price is £24 pcm then your first bill will be £48 as you have to pay for the first 2 months up-front. 

If you can't get through on the phone, you can cancel the contract by post. The address is in your contract. When the engineer arrives simply say "No thanks" and he'll leave. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I do not have a Virgin phone line. I was told I did not need a Virgin phone line. All I was told is that I would receive a Virgin router that I could just plug into my existing BT line, and then call Virgin customer services to activate the broadband. It was also confirmed the 'deal' I had chosen would be £24.00 per month for the duration; they said nothing about paying 2mths up front... This is why I have been trying to contact them by chat/email/phone but no one responds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Your not plugging any virgin equipment into a BT phone line, so if that's all you have you need to cancel the contract and get with an OpenReach provider (BT, Sky, etc) 

The first payment is typically a few weeks after connection, hence why it's 2 months for the first payment. Need to pay for what you've used and then the next month. 

A Virgin phone line isn't required, but if you have one, no wiring is necessary as you have everything needed (typically) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media must employ some of the dumbest people on the planet... I had two workmen turn up who wanted to dig up my front garden and lay a cable into the house, when I told them the job had been cancelled they queried why no one had told them! Now I am getting endless text messages from 07800 002 204 telling me they are due to arrive to complete the installation. I keep texting back and trying to call to say its been cancelled but no one responds. Can anyone anywhere at Virgin Media not just answer the phone or respond to an email? The service has been cancelled, there is to be no installation carried out, and will not be paying for you to waste your engineers time coming here between 8am-1pm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OMG now I'm being plagued by automated calls, telling me if I have a problem I should call Customer Service... Well I have been on the phone more than an hour, and that's not working, so how do you contact a company that does not want to be contacted? You can't keep blaming COVID for everything...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The only thing you can do is to wait for a VM staff member to see your post on here, and maybe they'll be able to sort it out? 

Have you tried the text service? They still won't probably reply for 24 hours, but maybe they'll actually read it ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ha Ha Ha, due to COVID our staff are complying with social distancing and it may take longer than usual to answer your call, please wait and we will get to you as soon as we can...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

why is taking COVID seriously a joke to you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It is serious but after 244 days I am sick of some businesses continually blaming COVID for their poor customer services. Banks, building societies, and other businesses etc. are able to operate a full 24hr customer service so why can't Virgin Media? Social distancing means people should be aware with whom they interact, but I bet their customer service staff and other employees are going out shopping or meeting friends, so why are they so afraid of going to work in a sparsely populated office 2m apart from anyone else to answer a telephone; or work to from home. Two of their engineers turned up without any masks, and they both wanted to come into a home with an extremely vulnerable person; so who is the one taking this seriously? I didn't know who they were, or who they had interacted with before their visit, I didn't know if they'd been tested or if any of their family had been infected, so you must have a crystal ball or some pretty special COVID infection radar if you let a complete stranger into your home. I have had close friends and family die from this pandemic already, so your remark is particularly hurtful and uncaring, and as you clearly had nothing useful to say about cancelling this appalling service, then why did you bother submitting your ignorant comment ''Karen''! 

0 Kudos