Menu
Theshed
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancel Contract - failed install

Hope this is the correct board, this forum is as confusing as virgins own site 🙄

Ok, so we signed up for virgin broadband/Tv & phone, Installation was booked for Jan' 29th.          Text received confirming this, Wife takes time off work to stay in, no one turns up, NOT happy.        After work on the saturday I spend over an hour trying to get through on the phone and waiting for 'live' chat. No response !

Cannot find anyway to make contact on website so now left with little option now but to cancel.

I was joining virgin for improved speed but if this is how bad customer service is before I have a contract how bad will it get ?

But even now I can't even get through to cancel 😫

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel Contract

Which broadband package are you on?

And using an Ethernet wired connection, what speeds are you getting?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

Which broadband package are you on?

And using an Ethernet wired connection, what speeds are you getting?

They aren't connected !

0 Kudos
Theshed
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well japitts, I would have liked to be on phone, Tv and B-band

But virgin don't seem to want my business !

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

General advice on here is never cancel any existing BB contract until VM is installed and running to your satisfaction Having 2 running for a few weeks is a small price to pay for continuity.

Your contract and payments don't actually start until the day it is installed and activated - and thereafter you have 14 days "cooling off period" where you can just cancel it at no cost
However that may be different if you have no existing BB supply. Look at OpenReach, Sky, BT options and see if any of those could be installed quickly as a fall back.

That said, are you trying the Pre-installation and delivery team - they may have more info?

On.. 0800 052 1734

Call at 08.00 for the best chance of getting through quickly. There are many possibilities why this has happened so see what they say

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Theshed
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks
I did try that number and I was left on hold.
Off to work shortly so I may give it a try at 8, as you say
0 Kudos
Theshed
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well thanks all for your input, heard nothing at all from virgin, no replies or explanation so back with Talktalk.

Speeds are slower but customer service is much better.

Bye

0 Kudos