Menu
RayTango
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can this be right price rise after one month???

I have literally just signed a new 18 month contract with Virgin and they've just sent me an email saying they're putting the price up £3.50 - it's a month and 2 days since I agreed to sign up. Can this even be right???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can this be right price rise after one month???

if you are on a new contract since July it won't apply to you
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@RayTango wrote:

I have literally just signed a new 18 month contract with Virgin and they've just sent me an email saying they're putting the price up £3.50 - it's a month and 2 days since I agreed to sign up. Can this even be right???

Did you read the communication and your contract?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/price-change-info 

0 Kudos
RayTango
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well I'm not 100 per cent sure - they've sent a specific email to me saying it's going up. The communication links to a page saying "Your price increase is outlined in the letter or email we sent you. If you currently enjoy a fixed price offer each month, your price won’t be affected until the offer ends." - I don't know if this means me or not. If it's staying the same why send a specific email?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@RayTango wrote:

Well I'm not 100 per cent sure - they've sent a specific email to me saying it's going up. The communication links to a page saying "Your price increase is outlined in the letter or email we sent you. If you currently enjoy a fixed price offer each month, your price won’t be affected until the offer ends." - I don't know if this means me or not. If it's staying the same why send a specific email?

Ironically I've not received the email, however I assume I'll see a price increase.

Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It specifically says in my contract that I won't see a price increase until at least November this year (as that's what I agreed when I took out the renewal) and I've not had the email about price rises. Mind you, it even says I can leave without paying an early disconnection fee if they are forced to increase prices. 

So it depends what contract you are on, visit your "My Virgin Media" and check out your contract. 

I do wonder if they'll try anyway though, as that's the "Virgin way"... 

However, 

What if you’re currently on an offer?

If you’re currently on a promotional offer with us, we will honour it. So that means your increase will happen when your offer comes to an end. You can see the details of your current offer on your latest bill.

0 Kudos
Bigbaloo999
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I just got this email as well after just signing a new 18 month contract 8 days ago if its correct I will be cancelling surely if doesn't apply to me why send the email I went to all the hassle of phoning up finally getting through to a lovely lady & agreeing to the deal she gave me rather than cancel which was more than I wanted to pay now being told its going up £2.50 a month from March very annoying as I'm already on my limit as discussed on the 31 December 😡

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This post by Forum Staff Rachael_F  should help explain the price increase emails  2021-price-increases 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
casjen
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I signed a new contract on the 05/01/21  for broadband only. In the promotion section of the bill it just says discount tho in the chat it said fixed price offer and received the email 3 days later for £3.50 increase

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Casjen, 

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos