Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can the isolator box be moved?

Hello, I recently moved into a property and I had an engineer out on Monday to move the isolator box on the wall (I believe this is what it's called , the white virgin box on the wall) however the engineer stated he could not do this.

Is there any way to get this box relocated to another part of the room? Currently we have a cable running around 3 quarters of the room and a door frame, when it would be much better to just have the box moved and a cable running across just one wall.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can the isolator box be moved?

Hello

If the initial box has too be moved so will the box on the outside of the premises as the two are linked and that will be at a cost of £99.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The property is actually a tenement flat, 1 floor up.

The cable which leads to the isolator enters the building via a hole above the flat door, this then runs along the hall ceiling, down to the skirting board, through the wall to the living room, up around the the door frame and then along an internal wall to the isolator. 

On the opposite side of the wall from the isolator box is the bedroom.

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that the box could be moved to the other side of the door frame, closer to where the cable enters the room - is that incorrect?

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes you need to pay virgin media £99 to move it

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 500 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I know I need to pay £99, I thought that on the initial engineer visit the engineer would move the box and I'd pay £99.

But the engineer said he could not move the box.

So you're saying that the engineer was incorrect when they said that the box could not be moved?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yep the box can be move, as you have been told otherwise what I will do is escalate this to the VM forum team and somebody will come back in this thread to have a look for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

If the initial box has too be moved so will the box on the outside of the premises as the two are linked and that will be at a cost of £99.

Regards Mike

Is this a problem with the length of the cable between the outside box and inside box? 

I ask because the engineer that did my installation didn't state this, the outside box was installed by the cable pull team, the inside box was installed by an engineer, but he asked where I wanted it ? I opted for the other side of the wall as that's where all my network equipment was. A neighbour however goes along the wall on the outside of the house to the other side of the room before going inside there, and that's where the isolator is. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 9thGear

Thank you for posting the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you were advised that moving the equipment would not be possible. 

I have taken a look at the account and just need to clarify some details in regards to the previous visits. 

I am just going to pop you over a private message to confirm your details and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos