Menu
y0itsdanni
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can’t set up wifi

I’ve just got a new Hub 3 and am trying to set it up. I’ve followed all online instructions but the hub is just stuck on the same thing - power light flashing green and WiFi symbol on. I searched on the virgin media website and it said this means a loose connection but I’ve checked all connections and everything is connected properly and securely. Please can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t set up wifi

You may need to contact VM on 0800 953 9500 to activate the device.

0 Kudos
y0itsdanni
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is this a 24hr number? As their customer services are currently closed

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@y0itsdanni wrote:

Is this a 24hr number? As their customer services are currently closed

No, not 24 hours.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey y0itsdanni,

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have spoken to the team but they have only advised you about general broadband tips. 

After looking further into your account, I can see that you have a major issue with all of your downstream power levels being too low, that needs a technician visit to resolve. This will be the source of the issues that you've been having recently. 

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
y0itsdanni
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, an engineer came out to visit us to fix this problem a few days ago however I am now finding that I have lag while online gaming. The lag started ever since we got the WiFi fixed, I’ve checked the connection and speed statistics, looked for black spots etc but nothing is flagging up. I’ve had to resort to using a wired connection to fix the problem but the router is directly next to my Xbox and I’m sure I shouldn’t be experiencing lag through a wireless connection as I have one of the best packages?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The technician shouldn't have left you with any issues on their visit the other day.

I hope that the new technician appointment that I have organised for you will fix the problems that you're having during gaming.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

The technician shouldn't have left you with any issues on their visit the other day.

I hope that the new technician appointment that I have organised for you will fix the problems that you're having during gaming.

Regards

Steven_L

hmmmmm - the op is using wifi but has the hub next to his xbox - that makes no sense - i am confused to why a tech has been booked to sort a wifi problem - has the OP split the bands - has he turned off smart wifi - those suggestions should have been put forward here by VM

all problems have been solved according to the OP other than wifi - is there now a change in policy that customers can book a tech for wifi problems when the lan connection is good - if so the techs are going to be very busy proving the wifi on the hub is poor at best 

Tony
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey @-tony-,

After looking into the customers account on our live system, I found out that @y0itsdanni's connection is showing as having very low levels of downstream power across all of the channels. We cannot leave the customer with this issue on their connection, therefore its best for us to send an engineer to get this resolved.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

Hey @-tony-,

After looking into the customers account on our live system, I found out that @y0itsdanni's connection is showing as having very low levels of downstream power across all of the channels. We cannot leave the customer with this issue on their connection, therefore its best for us to send an engineer to get this resolved.

Regards

Steven_L

thanks Steven - thats different and [imo] would have been better said earlier as the suggestion from the thread is that the problem is/was purely wifi 

Tony
0 Kudos