Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't get broadband activated over the phone

I've been trying to get through the Virgin media quick start team since 11.20am. It is now 12.46pm.

The scheduled engineer has not called or turned up to install the TV, phone, and internet.

That's fine, I just want to get the broadband working.

I have a Virgin Media Hub 3 from a previous account holder still installed on the line. Can anyone please help me activate this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get broadband activated over the phone

Hello

Equipment from the previous account holder cannot be re-activated as it has been removed from the VM system, you will need new equipment.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please help, it turns out the customer service representative I spoke to at 11am didn't know this, and ended up inadvertently cancelling my installation appointment today. I wasn't aware of this until I called up at 1pm to ask where the engineer is and was informed that the installation had been marked as completed. 

Now the next available appointment is Wednesday evening. Please help, my flatmates are working from home and will be severely disrupted. Is there any way we could get the broadband working faster?

I'm astounded that we have fully functioning Hub here which is now for all intents and purposes completely defunct.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm confused, if you ordered quickstart they would send you out a virgin hub to connect to the line rather than an engineer, why are you trying to use an old hub? 

The previous owner is probably being billed at this moment for not returning that hub! So it's likely that the hub has been blacklisted from the network as nobody should be using it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you connected up your new hub?

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I didn't receive a new hub, since I ordered a full package including broadband, tv and phoneline, so the sales guy said I need an engineer instead of quickstart. So there is no quickstart involved right now (but yes in hindsight this would have been simpler).

I was not aware of the need to return the old hub, it simply stopped connecting at midnight today, since we were aiming for a quick transfer with low internet downtime..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Please send me a private message with your details and I will take a look for you.

Thanks

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your time Jon, I've sent you a message.

Based on previous replies it looks like I'm out of luck, but if there's anything you can do to get us online faster it would be wonderful

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for the help Jon! 

Broadband is working just in time for our afternoon video meetings!

Excellent support 🙂

0 Kudos