cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t find wall socket

stevmcn
Joining in

we’ve just moved in to our new house. The virgin fellow who organised the move a few weeks ago assured me that the address already had virgin media installed, as of three months ago. I can’t find a wall socket anywhere that matches those indicated by virgin. The closest I could find was this, which doesn’t want to accept the isolator cable.

CA6EC592-AEB0-45A4-9918-1C25065973D1.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s just a normal TV aerial socket. Take a look for the omnibox that should be on the outside of the house and see if you can trace any wires coming form it. Otherwise you will need a technician’s visit, arrange that by calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s just a normal TV aerial socket. Take a look for the omnibox that should be on the outside of the house and see if you can trace any wires coming form it. Otherwise you will need a technician’s visit, arrange that by calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stevmcn,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, were you able to locate a brown Omni box on the outside of the property, sometimes the internal cables may have been removed by the people who lived there previously.

Regards

Paul.