Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can’t connect after moving house

Hi, I’ve just moved house. I have been with Virgin Media for a while, but signed up to a new contract with the move. I am trying to self install at the new property and have connected everything correctly. My Virgin Media Online account says “you are no longer with us”, so I suspect this is a problem at their end. I called the automated helpline, which ran tests and said “you need to talk to us... but our call centres are all closed due to coronavirus”. The online help pages are not at all helpful - they say because my modem has a red light it is overheated which is clearly not the problem!  Any thoughts on how to get help would be very much appreciated, many thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can’t connect after moving house

PM me your account number and area reference

I am a field tech and happy to help and get it sorted 

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

send a txt to 07533051809 with your account details and issue and someone will be in contact.

Hope this helps.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

As part of the move and transfer you should have been given a new account number and new area id if you have moved far enough to be on a different virgin media area. Its becoming more common now for agents to close your old account and open the new one to do this transfer so you will need to re-set up your MyVM account. If you want me to look into this further feel free to pm me your account details (do not post these in this thread).

Hope this helps
Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and ill let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos