Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't activate broadband

Hi

I contacted Virgin because I often only get about 6mb on my M100 package. They persuaded me to upgrade to M500. I received some boosters today which I installed and I was waiting for the speed upgrade.

After waiting 3 hours on Live Chat I was finally informed I had to call a number to get it activated and that the information should have been in the manual that arrived. However, there was no manual in the box. 

I was told the number should be automated and so I called. It turns out not to be automated at all and I was informed that I would have to wait an hour for someone to answer.

This is ridiculous. Can someone please just activate the service I am paying for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't activate broadband

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You could also try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1,2 and 4.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply but it's not a new hub. Upgrade, same hub.

Service status says everything is fine.

I am on the line to 0800 953 9500 and have been on hold for the last 53 minutes.

I guess I'll try the 0345 number next.

This is utterly ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Configuration tab onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. 

Please do not use screen grabs.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why? Are you able to activate it.

0 Kudos